PRINZ Student Awards
PRINZ has a focus on continuous learning and a commitment to developing future PR talent.
PRINZ also proudly supports our future industry leaders by sponsoring student prizes at tertiary institutes each year. Prize winners receive free PRINZ membership for one year.
Auckland University of Technology
President's Award for Top Academic Student in the BCS PR Major, presented in April.
The PRINZ Award for Public Relations Management - Top student in Managing Public Relations 219.305, presented in May.
Unitec Institute of Technology
The PRINZ Award for Excellence in Public Relations (Undergraduate) for top student in Public Relations, and the PRINZ Award for the top student in Strategic Communication & Information Management (Postgraduate), presented in November.
University of Waikato
PRINZ sponsors the Chesterman Group PR Campaign Award, presented in October each year. The winning team all receive PRINZ memberships. Teams spend the semester designing and then implementing a campaign for a client, the results of which are presented to a panel of industry judges.
Sponsor of the Media Arts Applied Public Relations Campaign Presentations, presented in March.
- 2019 - Chloe Rebecca Davies, Alexandra Jane Leeson, Louwela Pegarido, Rebecca Amy Elizabeth Hudson - Top Public Relations Group Campaign
- 2018 - Anusha Gunasekaran, Caitlynn Rose Wendt, Cassia Heather Ngaruhe, Gemma Alice Sophia Coffin – Top Public Relations Campaign
- 2017 - Archer Miller, Luiza Da Costa Venancio, Oliver Dunn, Shannon Muir – Top Public Relations Campaign
- 2015 - Katy Ritchie, Naomi Mai, Maurice Flynn, Olivia Mead - Client: Waikato Civil Defence
- 2014 - Shraddha Venkatramani, Jyothis John, and Merissa McLocklan - 'Out of the Box PR' Client: Waiwhakareke Natural Heritage Park Project
- 2013 - Alice Buchanan, Rachel Fitness, Arana Taha, Era Peihopa - 'A Brush with Kindness' Client: Habitat for Humanity
- 2012 - Samantha Corban, Shayna de la Rue, Ete Bird, and Niki Creasy - The Big Camp Out - ShelterBox
The PRINZ award for Top students, presented in March.
- 2019 - Chloe Rebecca Davies, Top Year 3 PR Student
- 2019 - Arielle Jayne Christiansen, Top Year 2 PR Student
- 2016 - Nicole Kate Cashman, Top Year 3 PR Student
- 2016 - Cassia Heather Ngaruhe, Top Year 2 PR Student
- 2015 - Olivia Mead, Top Year 3 PR Student
- 2015 - Anna Strong, Top Year 2 PR Student
- 2014 - Karen Mcleod, Top Year 3 PR student
- 2014 - Hayley King, Top Year 2 PR student
- 2013 - Rachel Fitness, Top Year 3 PR student
- 2013 - Manpreet Farrar, Top Year 2 PR student
University of Canterbury
The PRINZ Award for Excellence in Public Relations for top student in Strategic Campaign Development COMS320, and the PRINZ Award for the top student in Strategic Communication Theory and Application COMS421, presented in November.
University of Otago
The PRINZ Award for Excellence in Public Relations (Undergraduate) for top student in Strategic Communication MFCO321, presented in June.
Manukau Institute of Technology
The PRINZ Prize was awarded based on outstanding academic achievement.