PRINZ Member Mentoring
The PRINZ Mentoring programme matches members with experienced practitioners to offer guidance, act as a sounding board or offer another perspective. The programme runs between April and March in alignment with the PRINZ membership period and the professional development plan. The 12-month programme is available to all members except student members.
A mentor is chosen and guidance is given based on the mentee application. This covers discussions to facilitate your professional growth, discuss industry issues, career advice, upskilling advice, and/or any other topic as mutually agreed by the mentor and the mentee at the start of the programme.
In the beginning it is recommended that the mentor and mentee meet and agree to some ground rules, allowing for flexibility and updates. These include the mentors' time availability, preferred method of contact, frequency of contact, review period and likely conclusion of mentoring.
Email completed applications to email@example.com.
*Please note that the mentoring programme is for PRINZ members only.
As a guideline, the role of the mentor includes:
- Providing ongoing support and encouragement for the progress of the candidate through the time of the mentorship.
- Providing the mentee with objective and constructive advice and insight.
- Providing feedback to the office on mentee’s progress and if the mentee is not fulfilling their obligations.
As a guideline, the responsibilities of the mentee include:
- Complete a professional development plan.
- Initiating the contact with the mentor and arranging mutually agreed meetings in advance.
- Providing PRINZ a brief written report in October and March on the mentoring programme.
- Giving sufficient time to the mentor to provide constructive feedback on discussion topics or issues as they arise.
- Seeking advice and guidance from the mentor as required.
- Following the ground rules of the relationship as designed by both parties.
Candidates in the APR accreditation programme also receive a mentor during the programme.
Please note: Due to the large number of mentoring applications we receive there may be a delay in matching you with a suitable mentor.