How to leverage digital, data and PR-SEO to win in today's 'influence economy'Register Now
This course is confirmed.
The emergence of digital and the ‘Information Age’ has changed our world. People are now highly connected, always on and fully in control of where they get their information from. And they are using multiple channels, on their own terms, to get it.
This has changed the game for PR and Communications’ pro’s. Our target audiences have never been less engaged with traditional Comms and Marketing - they’re savvy, continually scrolling and make decisions based on their own research. The best authentic story and recommendation wins. This represents some exciting new opportunities for PR pro’s - but it also requires new skills and digital tools to be employed in order to go wider than just traditional PR.
Successful campaigns are no longer just about media column inches, people reach or vanity metrics. Digital requires us to take more of a 10,000 foot view of our, or our client’s business, and use data, smart digital tools and PR-SEO techniques to leverage a business’s entire digital footprint. To succeed in today’s ‘Influence Economy’, PR pro’s need to design an integrated digital strategy using smart PR-SEO techniques and tools that build authority with audiences in both ‘Browse’ (social and traditional media) as well as in ‘Search’ (Google P1) mode.
This requires a mix of art and science.
In this session you will learn:
- Why SEO is now fundamental to the PR mix and how it works hand-in-hand with traditional methods to build online authority
- How to leverage the array of new digital tools and data available to gain key insights for your PR strategy planning that ensures you are delivering to your audience’s needs
- How Google’s algorithms can be used to our PR advantage
- How to develop an effective digital communications strategy using PR-SEO to capture audiences using not only traditional media channels but also to reach more qualified audiences in ‘Search’ mode
- How to build a strong online authority and create new opportunities for your client using authentic content and PR-SEO to rank your client on the coveted position of P1 of Google for every keyword or thought leadership topic you choose
- How an integrated channel approach using owned, earned, shared and amplified media strengthens your PR game
- How to leverage analytics and new metrics to provide real measurable PR results
Charlene White, PR-SEO Specialist
With more than twenty years’ experience in media, corporate communications and PR roles both in New Zealand, the UK and Middle East, Charlene truly understands comms and how to get the best outcomes for her clients.
Starting her career as a journalist, Charlene quickly honed her skills for effective story-telling before then finding her niche in communications. She has held a number of senior PR positions - both in-house and agency-side - for a range of brands and industries including technology and telecommunications, FMCG, fashion and infrastructure.
Her career has seen her successfully manage communications for several IPOs, three mergers and acquisitions, numerous major product and service launches, large-scale public consultations and countless media and crisis situations. One thing they all had in common: the need to manage a range of stakeholders, tell a compelling story and successfully reach the right audiences.
Having seen the significant impact digital technology has had on business, Charlene has spent a significant amount of time studying PR trends, tools and world’s best practice to create a strategy blueprint for PR pros that helps them plan, execute, rank and properly measure their efforts in the new digital world. Her unique system smashes communications, media channels, SEO and digital metrics together to encompass the new world of digital communications.
Charlene works with a range of clients, both large and small, providing digital strategy, PR-SEO and content under her DigiPR brand - www.digiPR.com.
This course content aligns with the professional capabilities section of the Global Capability Framework with particular emphasis on this summary:
- To align communication strategies with organisational purpose and values
- To identify and address communication problems proactively
- To conduct formative and evaluative research to underpin communication strategies and tactics
- To communicate effectively across a full range of platforms and technologies
This course has a minimum number requirement, so please book early to ensure the course is not cancelled. If you are booking travel or accommodation, please check with the office first that the course is taking place.
Please be aware of PRINZ payment and cancellation policy.
A student priced ticket to PRINZ courses is sometimes available at a cost of $200 plus GST. Please email the office if you are a student member and would like to attend this course.