Media and Presentation Training for Public Relations and Communications PractitionersRegister Now
Understand how to best perform in the media – a practical TV/Radio course to help you better appreciate what is required to make your clients media stars.
What is it really like to be interviewed on the radio, TV or for print?
As PR and Communications professionals you are constantly putting your clients or your key company personnel in front of the media – maybe it is time for you to experience exactly what that feels like? This course will not only give you the skills to better prepare your clients and colleagues with confidence and expertise, but also give you the skills to front the media for your organisation.
This practical and insightful course, run by award winning broadcaster Mary Lambie, is held in a TV studio in central Auckland and is designed to help you better understand what it takes to appear your very best in broadcast and print media. The skills you learn you can pass on to your clients/ senior management so the next time you want them to appear you know exactly how to prepare them – everything from messaging, to delivery to styling.
Mary Lambie will guide you through the following core content:
- Practical on air experience – TV and radio
- Giving your best performance in front of a camera and radio microphone
- Advice on how to best deliver key messages
- What works and what doesn’t work in broadcast media
- A full appreciation of the pressure associated with being on air
- Dealing with difficult questions and difficult journalists
- A full understanding of working in today’s media – TV/Radio/Print/Social/Influencers
Who should attend?
- Those who are involved in media training their clients or colleagues
- Those who want to get better media coverage for their clients
- If you may be appointed as a spokesperson for your organisation
At the end of the session you will receive a USB of all your camera and radio work plus a Media Manual. Maximum of 6 participants only so book now.
Mary Lambie, Socius Media Ltd
Mary is a current panellist on TV3’s A.M Breakfast Show, The Project, a RNZ Newsreader plus Radio Live commentator.
She became a television fixture in New Zealand as the face of the long-running TVONE show ‘Good Morning’. As a journalist, she worked as a foreign correspondent in Japan and has hosted radio and TV business shows over a 25 year, multi award winning broadcasting career. With motherhood came a successful move into small business ownership. Mary is a frequent event MC in New Zealand. She’s a travel writer and enthusiastic cyclist.
This course has a minimum number requirement, so please book early to ensure the course is not cancelled. If you are booking travel or accommodation, please check with the office first that the course is taking place.
Please be aware of PRINZ payment and cancellation policy.