Internal CommunicationRegister Now
Register at least 4 weeks in advance to receive the early bird prices shown above.
Good Internal Comms policies and processes are vital to support any organisation’s operations and goals - be it a commercial business, a not-for-profit, or a public sector entity. An organisation’s employees are core to the culture of the organisation and keeping them informed, motivated and involved in the organisation’s conversations is a must, if it wants to be successful.
Facilitated by Ron Murray, an experienced internal comms practitioner and author of an instructive text on the discipline – Talking With Your People, this workshop examines:
- what Internal Comms’ role is within the organisation
- where it typically falls down
- how it can be improved.
The practical workshop will draw strongly on participants’ own communications experiences and issues, with opportunities to resolve specific examples of Internal Comms challenges faced by those taking part.
Over the course of the day, you will explore:
- how to identify what Internal Communications employees want and need, what they’re actually getting and how the channels are (or aren’t) working (the Audit)
- how to plan your Internal Comms programme – and evaluate it (the Plan)
- what strategies, tactics and tools apply to Internal Comms and how to make them work well (the Programme)
- how you actually do the work if resources are tight (the Team)
- how you can collaborate with the rest of the organisation to make Internal Comms work in their departments (the Departments)
- how Internal Comms and External Comms work together and complement each other (the External synergies).
Participants will also have the option of purchasing a copy of Ron’s book, at a special PRINZ rate as part of their workshop fee.
Ron Murray is a seasoned communications practitioner with a special passion for internal communications. A trained English teacher, journalist and marketer, he has more than 20 years’ corporate communications management experience across a wide range of organisations including the former Midland Regional Health Authority, South Auckland Health, GlaxoSmithKline, Merck Sharp & Dohme, Siemens NZ Ltd and KiwiRail. Ron entered Public Relations in 1990 after seven years as a reporter and editor and has held down both in-house and agency roles with strong experience in the healthcare and technology sectors, as well as professional services, publishing, transport, forestry, tourism, the environment, not-for-profit and banking. He is currently a Senior Account Director with Wright Communications in Auckland.
This course has a minimum number requirement, so please book early to ensure the course is not cancelled. If you are booking travel or accommodation, please check with the office first that the course is taking place.
Please be aware of PRINZ payment and cancellation policy.