Mobile Video and Visual StorytellingRegister Now
Register at least four weeks in advance to receive the early bird prices shown above.
Please note this course has a maximum of 14 delegates.
You need to be able to tell a great visual story. As someone who develops and builds relationships, prepares and shares effective communication programmes you can’t ignore the power – and place – of video and visuals in the work you do.
Smartphones, sharp cameras and mobile applications have made video, digital storytelling, reporting and instant sharing the way of 'now'. And if it's not video, it's live chat, live stream or a little augmented reality to liven things up.
Video and live streaming are mainstream and stories without moving or enhanced images pass us by. This session sets out the video and visual storytelling landscape that practitioners must understand and operate within. We work in an era of oral and experiential communication – which means we are all on camera somewhere.
Mobile video and visual storytelling is a hands-on practical session so be prepared to be on camera, off camera, writer, actor and editor. It covers video, visual and digital storytelling, takes you through the basics, helps you to develop a great visual story and takes you through equipment and production needs so you can navigate channel demands.
- Understanding your story - moving away from the written word
- Working with video - content, technical requirements, equipment, operation, production and editing
- Determining channel options - video, broadcast, live speech or dialogue
- Planning and editing
- Practice and perfecting
- An understanding of different visual presentation styles and contexts, live and using video
- Understanding of varying audience needs and presentation conditions, live and digital
- Renewed confidence in their ability to deal with visual storytelling and mobile video
This course content aligns with the communication capabilities section of the Global Capability Framework (link to doc) with particular emphasis on this summary: To communicate effectively across a full range of platforms and technologies.
- To align communication strategies with organisational purpose and values
- To identify and address communication problems proactively
- To conduct formative and evaluative research to underpin communication strategies and tactics
- To communicate effectively across a full range of platforms and technologies.
This course has a minimum number requirement, so please book early to ensure the course is not cancelled. If you are booking travel or accommodation, please check with the office first that the course is taking place.
Please be aware of PRINZ payment and cancellation policy.