Account Management Boot CampRegister Now
Register for this course at least four weeks in advance to recieve the early bird prices shown above.
The account manager plays a key role in a PR consultancy as the conduit between the client and the agency.
Moving from being an account executive to manager is a big transition. This workshop helps participants build their capability, capacity and confidence in a wide range of account management skills.
Account managers need to know how to manage clients, money, priorities, and teams whilst executing and delivering programs that achieve results.
The content will include real-life examples as well as drawing on participants’ experiences and questions.
- Harnessing the account management cycle
- Understanding core commercial principles of an agency
- How to prioritise time effectively
- Communicating up, down and across
In this one-day highly interactive workshop attendees will learn about:
- Seeing the big picture of an agency-client relationship
- Managing client and colleagues expectations
- How agencies make money
- How to prioritise personal and team time
- The impact of time sheets, over-servicing and missing expenses on the bottom line
- How to works with budget scopes
- Tools to talk more confidently about money
- How to communicate effectively with others
- Delegating skills
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Constructive conflict approaches
“As an SAE, this session really helped me understand how to work with others appropriately, delegate tasks accordingly, understand how Edelman and businesses work/generate revenue, ensuring we can build the best client relationships and also work on prioritising tasks.” Laura Currie, Senior Account Executive, Edelman Sydney
“Amanda is a fantastic teacher and very friendly. Great delivery and explanations to questions.” Rachel Demarco, Account Manager, Inside Out PR, Sydney
“REALLY enjoyed this! Such a productive day. Thanks so much Amanda. Would have been good to do over two days, so much fantastic hints and content to get through!” Harriet Elgar-Cocks, SAE/Social, Edelman Sydney
Who should attend?
Senior account executives and new account managers with three or more years’ agency experience.
- Full workbook
- Handy templates
- Real life case studies
- Peer discussion and exercises
- Video material
- Action plan for embedding skills
Former Australian Managing Director of H+K Strategies and Edelman PR, Amanda has more than 25 years’ experience in PR consulting in senior client facing, management and business development roles.
Since 2010 Amanda has been training agency teams in account management and direction around Australia and New Zealand. She has always believed passionately in the need for ongoing training and development in Public Relations.
Amanda holds a Bachelor of Arts (Communications) and Master of Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Technology Sydney. She is a Fellow of the Public Relations Institute of Australia (FPRIA), a Graduate Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (MAICD) and winner of several PRIA Golden Target Awards for Excellence.
Global Capability Framework alignment
This course content aligns with the communication capabilities section of the Global Capability Framework with particular emphasis on this summary:
Professional Capabilities (those expected of any professional)
- To provide valued counsel and be a trusted advisor
- To provide contextual intelligence
- To work within an ethical framework on behalf of the organisation, in line with professional and societal expectations
- To provide contextual intelligence
- To develop self and others, including continuing professional learning.
This course has a minimum number requirement, so please book early to ensure the course is not cancelled. If you are booking travel or accommodation, please check with the office first that the course is taking place.
Please be aware of PRINZ payment and cancellation policy.
A student priced ticket to PRINZ courses is sometimes available to PRINZ student members. Please email the office if you are a student member and would like to attend this course.