PRINZ National Annual General MeetingRegister Now
Notice is hereby given that the 65th Annual General Meeting of members of the Public Relations Institute of New Zealand Inc. will be held at Level 9, Cider Building, 4 Williamson Avenue, Ponsonby, Auckland from 5pm to 6pm on Monday 27 May 2019. The meeting will be broadcast via PRINZ Facebook Live.
- President’s welcome
- Apologies and proxies (click here for a form)
- Confirmation of the Minutes of the Annual General Meeting, held on 31 May 2018
- President’s Report for 2018
- Presentation of Financial Statements for the year ended 31 December 2018
- 2019 Budget
- Chief Executive update
- Confirmation of office holders including Divisional Chairs and Co-opted members
- New Governance Model – Motion to Adopt Proposed (see below)
- General Business
Please forward your apologies and proxies to firstname.lastname@example.org before 4pm Thursday 23 May 2019 or bring them to the meeting.
New Governance Model
Over the last 12 months, PRINZ National Council has reviewed the PRINZ model of governance. To support the future direction and activities of the Institute, we need to have a governing body of people with diverse skills and experience who have the time to give PRINZ and our communications professionals the mana and understanding we should have in the business world, and who have the commitment to set the scene for stronger member support, continuing professional development offerings and events.
Thank you for your feedback on the proposed changes. It is clear from the response received that the PRINZ membership supports a change to the PRINZ governance model. Based on your feedback for the board election process and composition the PRINZ National Council proposes the below motion:
That at a Special
General Meeting to be held on 25 July 2019 at Te Papa in Wellington, the
current PRINZ governance model be replaced with a Board of seven members - four
elected and three co-opted. Board members will hold a two-year term, with
implementation staggered annually to ensure no more than half the members have
completed terms at the same time. The President's role will be replaced
with a Chair who is elected by the Board at its first meeting for a two-year
term. Co-opted members will be appointed by the Board at its first meeting.
If the motion is passed PRINZ will hold a Special General Meeting in Wellington on 25 July 2019. In this meeting, members will have the opportunity to:
- Approve amendments to the Constitution to allow for the new governance structure
- Elect Board members - The call for nominations for the four elected members of the PRINZ Board will be made early June 2019. The nomination period will be open for four weeks.
Notice of the July Special General Meeting including details of members standing for nomination for the PRINZ Board will be sent on 5 July 2019.
Entrance to the Cider Building is by the Ponsonby Countdown, then go up the lift to Level 9.