Demonstrating Value: Research, Measurement and Evaluation
This course is closed for online registration. If you would like to attend please contact Rheanna in the PRINZ Office.
The ability to measure and evaluate public relations and communications programmes is a globally acknowledged professional requirement – yet few practitioners are competent and confident in this area.
The session gives you all the information you need to set up a robust and effective measurement and evaluation system for your public relations and communication management activities.
It shows you how to approach research, set outcomes that are aligned with your organisational goals, determine measurable objectives that guide strategy and implementation and how to evaluate the effectiveness of your programme. In short, it guides you through the process that demonstrates the value you bring to your organisation.
By the end you will have delved into data gathering and analysis, online monitoring and measurement, reporting dashboards and real-time analytics.
- Research for PR and communication management
- Getting into shape - defining outcomes
- Moving forward - SMART objectives and how to set them
- Measuring up - tools and techniques to monitor progress
- Relationship measures - how to measure the relationships your organization needs to maintain its licence to operate
- Understanding of research, measurement and evaluation for public relations and communication
- Understanding of tools and techniques to create an evaluation framework
- Understanding of reporting, current approaches to measurement and evaluation worldwide.
Catherine Arrow, FPRINZ, FCIPR, Founding Chartered Public Relations Practitioner
Catherine Arrow is an international public relations consultant and educator. She heads PR Knowledge Hub Ltd, a learning and development centre for public relations and communication professionals delivering online and face-to-face training.
A PRINZ Fellow, a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations and a Founding Chartered Public Relations Practitioner, Catherine serves on the Global Alliance Advisory Council following eight years of service as board member and secretary of the Global Alliance for Public Relations and Communication Management.
Alongside her training and consultancy work, she lectures and speaks about public relations in New Zealand and around the world. Recent publications include a chapter on future public relations practice in the CIPR book, ‘Lessons from Expert Practitioners’. Her career spans the Northern and Southern Hemispheres and, in 2012, was presented with the PRINZ President’s Award for exemplary contribution to the profession.
This course content aligns with the communication capabilities section of the Global Capability Framework with particular emphasis on this summary:
- To align communication strategies with organisational purpose and values
- To identify and address communication problems proactively
- To conduct formative and evaluative research to underpin communication strategies and tactics
- To communicate effectively across a full range of platforms and technologies.
This course has a minimum number requirement, so please book early to ensure the course is not cancelled. If you are booking travel or accommodation, please check with the office first that the course is taking place.
Please be aware of PRINZ payment and cancellation policy.
A student priced ticket to PRINZ courses is sometimes available at a cost of $200 plus GST. Please email the office if you are a student member and would like to attend this course.