Stakeholder Engagement and Community Relations
This course is now closed for online registration. If you would like to attend please contact Rheanna.
Driving stronger engagement and relationship building with an organisation’s or business’s stakeholders are important components for the PR practitioner
This course will help the practitioner learn about the PR roles in organisational engagement with stakeholders and how we can ethically influence the reputation of our companies, clients and organisations.
- Why stakeholder engagement and reputation management are important and how they're linked
- The basics of stakeholder engagement
- The basics of community relations
- Case studies using good and bad examples
- Exercise developing stakeholder engagement and community relations for a simulated company
- Develop a deeper understanding of stakeholder engagement and community relations
- Explore the roles of the PR practitioner in advocating and implementing these two areas
- Examine successful and unsuccessful examples
- Practise planning stakeholder engagement and community relations planning
Who should attend?
Junior to Intermediate (2-5 years practitioner level) or longer working but new to this area of public relations and communication management.
Bruce Fraser, FPRINZ
Bruce is a successful and experienced public relations consultant working with businesses and organisations to improve their communication and engagement with clients and stakeholders. His qualifications include a BA, Diploma of Teaching, Post Graduate Diploma of Business and Administration, Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) and he was admitted as a Fellow into the Public Relations Institute of NZ in 2007.
This course has a minimum number requirement, so please book early to ensure the course is not cancelled. If you are booking travel or accommodation, please check with the office first that the course is taking place.
Please be aware of PRINZ payment and cancellation policy.
A student priced ticket to PRINZ courses is sometimes available at a cost of $175 plus GST. Please email the office if you are a student member and would like to attend this course.