Tart up your copy - Half dayRegister Now
Register no later than four weeks prior to the course date to ensure you receive the earlybird prices displayed above.
With fewer sub-editors available today and the pressure to publish quickly, printed and online copy is often marred by errors and inaccuracies ‒ wrong words, misspellings, incorrect punctuation, incorrect facts, etc. Copy with mistakes reduces your credibility.
This course will cover:
- Structural editing – the big picture
- Proof reading
- Copy editing
- Style checklists
- Punctuation do’s and don’ts
- Where to turn for help
- Show, don’t tell
- And for fun, some creative writing
- Confidence to improve your own copy and/or convince others to change theirs
- Heightened awareness of what to look for in printed and online copy
- Ability to apply knowledge to a variety of publications – news, features, reports and plans, background and analysis and promotional copy
Who should attend?
People who need to sharpen their editing skills for internal and external publications
Alison Robertson, MPRINZ
Alison Robertson is a former radio sports and general news reporter and an award-winning children’s author. For the past 15 years she has worked at the University of Waikato in several positions, including media writer, publications editor, and most recently strategic communications writer. She also does freelance proofing and writing for a handful of organisations.
This course has a minimum number requirement, so please book early to ensure the course is not cancelled. If you are booking travel or accommodation, please check with the office first that the course is taking place.
Please be aware of PRINZ payment and cancellation policy.
A student priced ticket to PRINZ courses is sometimes available at a cost of $175 plus GST. Please email the office if you are a student member and would like to attend this course.