PRINZ News (e-Report)
- #PRConf18 - Save the Date!
- Senior Professionals Event - Earlybird ends tomorrow, Friday 13 October
- PRINZ Special General Meeting
- Upcoming Webinar - 'Conflict and cooperation between advocates: Lawyers, PR Practitioners, and the client's best interest'
#PRConf18 - Save the Date!
We are excited to announce that the 2018 PRINZ Conference will be held on Wednesday 30 and Thursday 31 in Hamilton.
This is the first time that the PRINZ Conference has been held in the Waikato and the decision to do this is testimony to the strong support of our Waikato members and local committee chaired by Heather Claycomb. Waikato is just a couple of hours drive for the majority of our PRINZ members and for those based further afield, keep an eye out for cheap flights. Planning is underway and more details will be revealed in the coming weeks. Super earlybird priced tickets will go on sale in November. Save the dates to your calendar now!
Senior Professionals Event - Earlybird ends tomorrow, Friday 13 October
This year’s PRINZ Senior Professionals Event ‘Doing Well + Doing Good’ will focus on how we can improve our current practice and redirect our career skills to do good for the causes we feel passionate about. Facilitated by Tracey Bridges, FPRINZ, the day will focus on career development through engagement and creating value in the communities where we live and our clients and organisations do business.
Register before 6pm tomorrow to get earlybird ticket prices.
PRINZ Special General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that a Special General Meeting of members of the Public Relations Institute of New Zealand Inc. will be held at 1.15pm on Monday 6 November 2017 at the Quarterdeck Restaurant, Royal New Zealand Yacht Squadron, 181 Westhaven Drive, Westhaven Marina, Auckland.
PRINZ will be holding another election for President Elect in early November. This position has become vacant due to the resignation of the current President Elect, Sharon Buckland. We will be calling for nominations, so if you have been thinking of stepping up, or know somebody who would, now’s the time.
Upcoming Webinar - 'Conflict and cooperation between advocates: Lawyers, PR Practitioners, and the client's best interest'
In this live webinar, Dr Margalit Toledano, FPRINZ, will share findings from her recent research on the interface between two sets of professional advocates – lawyers and public relations practitioners.
- What are the issues that lawyers and PR consultants identify as challenging collaborative relationships between them?
- What are the factors that enable collaboration and decrease rivalry between legal and PR consultants?
- In what situations do lawyers and PR practitioners tend to accept each other’s perception of the client’s best interest?
- What are the professionals feeling about the impact of social media on their collaborative work?
There will be an opportunity to have a conversation on the topic at the conclusion of the presentation.