PRINZ is proud to support our future leaders by sponsoring student prizes at a range of universities and institutes each year. The prize is a year's membership of PRINZ.
PRINZ also encourages students to enter in the annual PRINZ Awards in the Paul Dryden Tertiary Award category. This award is for an outstanding project completed by a tertiary (university, polytechnic or wananga) media studies or public relations student, or team of students. The work may have been completed for the institute of learning, a not-for-profit organisation, or a paying client. Only PRINZ student members can enter this category. The entry must be for an implemented project.organisation, or a paying client. Only PRINZ student members can enter this category. The entry must be for an implemented project.
Auckland University of Technology
President's Award for Top Academic Student in the BCS PR Major, presented in April.
The PRINZ Award for Public Relations Management - Top student in Managing Public Relations 219.305, presented in May.
Unitec Institute of Technology
The PRINZ Award for Excellence in Public Relations (Undergraduate) for top student in Public Relations, and the PRINZ Award for the top student in Strategic Communication & Information Management (Postgraduate), presented in November.
University of Waikato
PRINZ sponsors the Chesterman Group PR Campaign Award, presented in October each year. The winning team all receive PRINZ memberships. Teams spend the semester designing and then implementing a campaign for a client, the results of which are presented to a panel of industry judges.
Sponsor of the Media Arts Applied Public Relations Campaign Presentations, presented in March.
- 2016 - Archer Miller, Luiza Da Costa Venancio, Oliver Dunn, Shannon Muir - Top Public Relations Campaign
- 2015 - Katy Ritchie, Naomi Mai, Maurice Flynn, Olivia Mead - Client: Waikato Civil Defence
- 2014 - Shraddha Venkatramani, Jyothis John, and Merissa McLocklan - 'Out of the Box PR' Client: Waiwhakareke Natural Heritage Park Project
- 2013 - Alice Buchanan, Rachel Fitness, Arana Taha, Era Peihopa - 'A Brush with Kindness' Client: Habitat for Humanity
- 2012 - Samantha Corban, Shayna de la Rue, Ete Bird, and Niki Creasy - The Big Camp Out - ShelterBox
The PRINZ award for Top students, presented in March.
- 2016 - Nicole Kate Cashman, Top Year 3 PR Student
- 2016 - Cassia Heather Ngaruhe, Top Year 2 PR Student
- 2015 - Olivia Mead, Top Year 3 PR Student
- 2015 - Anna Strong, Top Year 2 PR Student
- 2014 - Karen Mcleod, Top Year 3 PR student
- 2014 - Hayley King, Top Year 2 PR student
- 2013 - Rachel Fitness, Top Year 3 PR student
- 2013 - Manpreet Farrar, Top Year 2 PR student
University of Otago
The PRINZ Award for Excellence in Public Relations (Undergraduate) for top student in Strategic Communication MFCO321, presented in June.
Manukau Institute of Technology
The PRINZ Prize was awarded based on outstanding academic achievement.