Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Take charge of your career!
It’s a competitive environment and if you stand still you will get left behind. Ensure your knowledge and skills remain current by completing your personal PRINZ Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Plan and earn credits for participating in CPD activities.
Benefits of the PRINZ CPD Plan and Professional Development
- Helps you to set goals, plan and keep track of your professional development activity throughout the year
- Keeps you motivated to keep learning and earn credits for the learning you do
- Demonstrates you are up-to-date with knowledge and committed to best practice communications
- A tangible way to prove to your manager, employer and peers that you invest in your professional practice.
How to earn CPD credits
You earn credits for any verified professional development both internal and external to PRINZ. A detailed CPD Credits Guide is available on the PRINZ website. Credits are accrued January to December and the annual CPD target is 60 credits. On completion of 60 CPD credits, a practicing certificate is awarded for achievement of the year’s continuing professional development goal.
CPD activities may include:
- Attending free webinars
- Attending PRINZ or industry related events and courses
- Becoming a PRINZ mentor/mentee
- Reading relevant books/research
- Completing the Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) programme
- Entering the annual PRINZ Awards.
Complete your PRINZ CPD plan today
The free PRINZ CPD plan is part of the PRINZ Continuing Professional Development programme where credits are accumulated for participation in professional development training and activity. It is achievable, self-directed and a signal that professional development is important to you and to the profession.
1. Download and complete the CPD Plan template from the PRINZ website
2. Login to your PRINZ dashboard and upload your CPD Plan
3. You will receive an email once your CPD Plan has been approved
4. Earn and accrue credits from professional development activity
5. Achieve 60 credits throughout the year and receive your annual practising certificate in December.
For assistance on the PRINZ CPD Plan or CPD activities, please contact Rheanna at Rheanna@prinz.org.nz.
View our Check Sheet, CPD examples and FAQs to assist you in the planning stages:
Important: Verification of activity external to PRINZ may be requested during the annual audit in December. Please ensure you keep hold of all verification documents as you may be randomly selected as part of the audit.