Professional Development Plan
Take charge of your career!
It’s a competitive environment and if you stand still you will get left behind. Ensure your knowledge and skills remain current by completing your personal PRINZ Professional Development Plan and earn credits for participating in Professional Development activities.
Benefits of the PRINZ Professional Development Plan
- Helps you to set goals, plan and keep track of your professional development activity throughout the year
- Keeps you motivated to keep learning and earn credits for the learning you do
- Demonstrates you are up-to-date with knowledge and committed to best practice communications
- A tangible way to prove to your manager, employer, clients and peers that you invest in your professional practice.
How to earn CPD credits and receive a certificate of practice
You earn credits for any verified professional development both internal and external to PRINZ. A detailed CPD Credits Guide is available here. Credits are accrued April to March and the annual CPD target is 60 credits. On completion of 60 CPD credits, a certificate of practice is awarded for achievement of the year’s continuing professional development goal. Please note that four of your CPD credits must come from ethics related activity.
CPD activities may include:
- Attending webinars (Webinars are free for PRINZ members).
- Attending PRINZ or industry related events and courses
- Becoming a PRINZ mentor/mentee
- Reading relevant books/research
- Completing the Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) programme
- Entering the annual PRINZ Awards.
Complete your PRINZ professional development plan today
The free PRINZ professional development plan is part of the PRINZ Continuing Professional Development programme where credits are accumulated for participation in professional development training and activity. It is achievable, self-directed and a signal that professional development is important to you and to the profession.
- Download and complete the Professional Development Plan template
- Login to your PRINZ dashboard and select 'Go to my professional development dashboard' on the right-hand menu (under 'My professional development progress')
- Click the submit button to upload your professional development plan
- You will receive an email once your professional development plan has been approved
- Earn and accrue credits from professional development activity
- Achieve 60 credits throughout the year and receive your annual certificate of practice in December.
For assistance on the PRINZ Plan, please contact Alice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View our Professional Development Plan template and Credits Guide to assist you in the planning stages:
Important: Verification of activity external to PRINZ may be requested during the annual audit in December. Please ensure you keep hold of all verification documents as you may be randomly selected as part of the audit.