12 Dec 2012
16 Dec 2012
Eamonn Smythe from Auckland Regional Public Health Service
Description of Organisation
Auckland Regional Public Health Service (ARPHS) is Auckland’s regulatory public health agency serving Auckland’s diverse populations through health protection, prevention and promotion.
Description of Position
As Communications Manager at ARPHS, you have the opportunity to apply your full range of communications skills in an organisation that is committed to health improvement for the people of Auckland. You will provide leadership to the Communications team, and implement the communications strategy, particularly in leading the development of stakeholder relationships.
Key Areas of Responsibility
The role of the Communications team is varied, including media liaison, web development, stakeholder engagement and internal communications. A broad skill set in media/communications and strong management skills are a must.
The Communications Manager will have a working relationship with the Clinical Director and the Systems, Intelligence and Planning Manager, ensuring that communications systems, websites, tools, protocols and emergency and response work are developed, implemented and regularly reviewed.
This is a role for those with a passionate and committed outlook, interested in working in a challenging but highly rewarding area. For talented communications professionals it could represent a first step into a designated management role.
We envisage the successful candidate will possess:
• A degree in Communications or Journalism (or equivalent experience)
• Several years of work experience as Communications Manager or Communications Specialist ready for the step up (preferably with NZ experience)
• Exceptional writing, interpersonal and relationship management skills
Remuneration and Benefits
• Ideal ‘career step’ opportunity
• Outstanding ‘profile building’ role for health sector enthusiast
• Broad scope and challenge
• Flexible hours considered
Applicant must have a legal right to work in NZ