New to RIVER?
RIVER is a professional development / career planning tool offered free by PRINZ to members. It enables a member to demonstrate they are up-to-date with knowledge and practice and awards a ‘practising certificate’ for the year of completion. Following the RIVER programme, participants design their own unique learning and development plan. Suitable for practitioners of any age and at any career stage, RIVER formalises the professional development process, creating a learning programme that will enhance skills, knowledge and career prospects.
- Response to profession
How does it work?
Associate, Fellow and Life members may register for RIVER 2013.
RIVER sits alongside the Continuing Professional Development programme, where points are accumulated for PRINZ training activity. However, it also awards points for any verified professional development undertaken outside PRINZ. RIVER also gives points for PRINZ voluntary roles, networking events and accreditation. Click here to see which activities can gain points - ask us if there's a professional development activity not listed.
RIVER runs from January to December. If you join RIVER/PRINZ after January, points are pro-rata by the office in quarterly bands:
January - May = full points
June - September = half points
October - December = defer to the next year
Points required to qualify for a practicing certificate
- Skills level (new practitioners with up to two years experience) - 60 points per year
- Practitioner level (practitioners with between two - five years experience) - 70 points per year
- More than five years experience - 75 points per year
Already registered for RIVER?
To participate in RIVER 2014, follow these simple steps:
- Click here, for your membership profile page. Once it uploads, scroll down and tick 'I wish to participate in the CPD RIVER programme'. Select your 'CPD RIVER Target Points' from the drop down menu, depending on your experience level.
- Submit the PRINZ RIVER Plan Template for approval by 31 January 2014 and return to email@example.com. PRINZ will verify your plan and either approve or suggest changes. Once your plan is approved you may start recording points. For sample plans click here.
- Make your RIVER points claim online no later than Monday 25 November. Please note, if you are claiming for non-PRINZ activities, please attach your verification to your online claim 'Documentation'.
- Once your points target has been reached and validated, a Certificate of Practice will be awarded by PRINZ in January 2014.
Why sign up?
Enhance career prospects, professional skills and knowledge
Demonstrate a commitment to the profession and own professional competence
Add 'knowledge value' to your workplace and to your professional practice
Enjoy a structured approach to professional development, no matter what level you work at
Contribute to the profession and the body of knowledge
- Motivated, committed professionals equipped with the latest skills and practice approaches
- Qualified practitioners able to add 'knowledge value' and expertise to the workplace