PRINZ offers mentoring for its members (Associate and Member only) from December to November. Based on the member's request a suitable experienced professional will be matched and the introductions will be made via email. From this point the mentoring relationship is managed by the mentee.
The mentor provides guidance to their mentee based on the member's original brief. This covers discussions to facilitate professional growth of the candidate, industry issues, career advice, competencies required and upskilling advice, and/or any other topic as mutually agreed by the mentor and the mentee at the start of the programme.
In the beginning it is recommended that the mentor and mentee meet and agree to some ground rules, allowing for flexibility and updates. These include the mentors time availability, preferred method of contact, frequency of contact, review period and likely conclusion of mentoring.
As a guideline, the role of the mentor includes:
- Providing ongoing support and encouragement for the progress of the candidate through the time of the mentorship.
- Providing the mentee with objective and constructive advice and insight.
Providing feedback to the office on mentee’s progress and if the mentee is not fulfilling their obligations.
As a guideline, the responsibilities of the mentee include:
- Being Enrolled in RIVER CPD.
- Initiating the contact with the mentor and arranging mutually agreed meetings in advance.
- Providing PRINZ a brief written report at 4 and 9 months on the mentoring programme (April and September).
- Giving sufficient time to the mentor to provide constructive feedback on discussion topics or issues as they arise.
- Seeking advice and guidance from the mentor as required.
- Following the ground rules of the relationship as designed by both parties.
Candidates in the APR accreditation programme also receive a mentor during the programme.
Applications for general mentoring in 2015 have closed. If you would like to go on a waiting list or register your interest for the PRINZ Mentoring Programme (applications will be open late 2016), email firstname.lastname@example.org